Is your company involved in any of the following:
- Importing electric bicycles, electric cargo bikes, or speed pedelecs from China and paying duties?
- Importing electric bikes, electric cargocycles, or speed pedelecs from a non-EU country OTHER THAN China?
- Importing components from China for the assembly of electric bikes, electric cargocycles, or speed pedelecs within the EU?
Is your company facing:
- Investigation by national customs services and/or OLAF?
- Accusations of circumventing measures against China?
- Legal action for circumventing measures against China?
- Sentencing or acquittal for circumventing measures against China?
If so, we strongly recommend that you become a part of the Ad Hoc Group established by LEVA-EU to collectively oppose the potential extension of these measures.
What will the Ad Hoc Group do?
- Request recognition from the European Commission as an interested party.
- Submit joint comments on the Commission’s review.
- Seek a hearing from the European Commission, allowing companies to express their views.
- Provide assistance from a specialized lawyer.
- Communicate the group’s activities to the press and on social media.
- Lobby other influential entities on this matter.
How to Participate?
- A modest contribution, based on the number of employees in your company, is required for participation in the Ad Hoc Group.
- Participation can be kept confidential.
- LEVA-EU membership is not a prerequisite for joining the Ad Hoc Group.
- LEVA-EU members receive a discount on the contribution.
- The Ad Hoc Group will conduct multiple meetings, with the first scheduled for February 15, both in-person in Brussels and online.
- If the Commission grants a hearing, it will be held in-person in Brussels; all other meetings will be accessible online.
How to Join?
- For more information or to join the Ad Hoc Group, please call LEVA-EU Manager Annick Roetynck on +32 475 500 588 or mail email@example.com.
- Are you already determined to join the group? Complete and return the Ad Hoc Group Participation Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your involvement will make a difference in challenging the extension of the measures affecting the European electric cycle industry.