Van Raam’s ‘safest two-wheeled bicycle in the world’ sees a new releaseComments Off on Van Raam’s ‘safest two-wheeled bicycle in the world’ sees a new release
Due to the unique frame construction and motor system, the Balance low-entry bicycle from LEVA-EU member Van Raam is claimed to be the safest (electric) two-wheel bicycle available. With this model, you can always place both feet on the ground while sitting in the saddle. The Balance has many unique riding characteristics and is therefore suitable for many people who cannot cycle on a traditional two-wheeler. Plus, it is completely produced in the Netherlands.
Renewed Balance low-entry bike
The Balance bicycle with a low entry has been renewed and can be ordered from October 2022 via Van Raam dealers.
The new model sees a range of adjustments:
- Entry has become even wider and lower, making it even easier to get on and off the bike.
- The lock is more accessible, placed at the rear wheel instead of the front wheel.
- New design with a modern look, including matte black accents.
- Instead of vacuum forming, the chain guard is made by injection moulding at Van Raam’s sister company Your Plastic Solutions. This technique makes the chain guard even sturdier.
- New standard color (Grey Blue Matt, RAL 5008) and new option colours, Signal Red Gloss, RAL 3001 or Light Ivory Matt, RAL 1015.
Good elements are preserved
Alongside a number of improvements, the core elements that were present in the previous Balance have of course been retained.
VanRaam describes the new model’s benefits:
• The bicycle has a unique frame construction: a low step-through so the rider can always have two feet directly on the ground while remaining seated on the saddle. It is slightly different from a normal low-entry bike, which has a low entry point, but a high seating position. We call this false safety, getting in and out is easier, but the driver is still sitting high and when suddenly stopping, things can go wrong.
• With the Balance, the overall ergonomics of the frame are such that the rider can easily get on and off due to the low entry, but also sits lower and still can make an optimal pedalling movement. This is because the rider is not above, but behind the bottom bracket. Due to the different seating position, the rider can remain seated on the saddle and still have two feet on the ground. The rider also sits lower, so that the center of gravity is also lower.
• A more forward pedalling movement allows you to use the power of your legs better than with a classic bicycle. This makes cycling extra easy and comfortable.
• Other advantages of the unique frame construction are less strain on the wrists, back, neck and shoulders.
• Many variations of the model are available such as pedal assistance/e-bike, and accessories such as a stick holder.