TUMI offers 6-week online course: Exploring the World of Electric Mobility – Key Concepts and StrategiesComments Off on TUMI offers 6-week online course: Exploring the World of Electric Mobility – Key Concepts and Strategies
Interested learners have until December 4th to join the digital course, delivered by the Transformative Urban Mobility Initiative (TUMI)
In response to the pressing need for sustainable urban mobility, the Transformative Urban Mobility Initiative (TUMI) introduces a dynamic 6-week online course: “Exploring the World of Electric Mobility – Key Concepts and Strategies.” Developed by GIZ and funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), this course serves as a beacon for those seeking a profound understanding of electric mobility and its implications.
The course initiates a deep dive into the intricate world of electric mobility, addressing key facets such as technology, policies, and global impact. Participants embark on a journey starting with the fundamental construction and operation of electric vehicles (EVs), unraveling technical components and charging infrastructure. This foundational knowledge lays the groundwork for a comprehensive exploration of the social and environmental impacts of e-mobility.
As participants grasp the mechanics of EVs, the course prompts a critical assessment of their global implications. Factors ranging from energy consumption to battery recycling and gender equity in transport are examined, supplemented by real-world case studies showcasing the transformative power of e-mobility.
Moving beyond technology, the course delves into the realm of government policies and strategies, emphasizing emerging economies. Engaging discussions center on how electric vehicles can contribute to the creation of not just environmentally conscious but also livable cities and greener economies.
Upon completion, participants emerge equipped with a robust skill set and understanding, poised to contribute to global sustainable transport solutions. They will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of E-Mobility, including how EVs work and their advantages and disadvantages compared to traditional vehicles.
- Describe the different types of batteries used in EVs, and the technology and charging methods used for each.
- Describe the policies and regulations governing E-Mobility at the global, regional, and national levels and their impact.
- Explain the environmental impact of electric vehicles by analyzing their carbon footprint, energy consumption, and metal mining challenges.
- Compare different E-Mobility business models, and recognize their economic and social implications.
- Describe the role of sustainable urban transport in promoting E-Mobility and recognize the importance of integrated transport planning and multi-modal mobility systems.
- Develop the skills necessary to critically analyze the different factors affecting E-Mobility, including technological, social, political, and economic aspects.
This course caters to a diverse audience, from researchers and policymakers to industry professionals, promising an enriching educational experience that transcends the boundaries of traditional understanding in the rapidly evolving landscape of electric mobility.