Suspension of duties on (e)bike components extendedComments Off on Suspension of duties on (e)bike components extended
With Council Regulation 2018/2069, the EU decided to suspend as of 1 January 2019, the 4.7% regular import duties on the following bicycle components:
– CN Code 87149110 23 – Frame, constructed from aluminium or aluminium and carbon fibres, for the use in the manufacture of bicycles (including e-bikes): 0% until 31/12/2023
– CN Code 8714913025 – Front forks, except rigid (non-telescopic) front forks made entirely of steel, for use in the manufacture of bicycles: 0% until 31/12/2023
– CN Code 8714961010 – Pedals, for use in the manufacture of bicycles: 0% until 31/12/2020
– CN Code 8714991020 – Bicycle handlebars: – with our without integrated stem – either made out of carbon fibres and synthetic resin or made of aluminium for use in the manufacture of bicycles: 0% until 31-12-2022
– CN Code 8714999030 – Seat posts, for use in the manufacture of bicycles: 0% until 31/12/2020
The suspension applies, irrespective whether the components are used for conventional or electric bicycles. The EU’s main argument for this Regulation was the acknowledgement that there was no production of these components left in the EU.
In the original Regulation the suspension for pedals and seat posts was to end on 31 December 2020. However, the Council has decided to extend the suspension of import duties on these components until 31 December 2025.
The original Regulation is here: https://bit.ly/3tLZDwj
The Regulation extending the suspension is here: https://bit.ly/3cRtLjw
Photo by kira cheng on Unsplash