Below is a list of initiatives that are or will be implemented to support the uptake of light electric mobility, cycling and other forms of more sustainable forms of mobility in European Member states and Switzerland in the aftermath of the Corona-crisis.
- Bicycle ticket in trains are free of charge – from 1 July until 31 December 2020. Please find more information @Belgiantrain.
- Bike repair subsidy ‘’Coup de Pouce Vélo’’- €50 for repairs – 11 May to 31 December 2020. Please find more information @Service Publice or go to @Coup De Pouce Velo.
- Reduced VAT rates – 1 July and 31 December 2020 – From 19% to 16% and 7% to 5%. Please find more information @The Bundesregierung.
- Mobility voucher – €500 purchase incentive (electric) bicycle, scooter, hoverboard or shared mobility services. Please find more information at @Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport.
- Fix your bike voucher scheme – £50 for repairs. Please find more information @Gov.UK.
- Lisbon – Purchase subsidy (electric) bicycles and cargo bicycle – €350 electric bicycle / €500 (electric) cargo bicycle. Please find more information @Lisboa.
- Madrid – Purchase incentive for non-pollution vehicles – Maximum 50% of total price or financial assistance up to €150 (electric) scooters, €500 (electric) bicycles, €600 (electric) mopeds and €750 (electric) motorcycles – €2.5 million available for 2020 and €3.0 million in 2021. Please find more information @ElPais.
Photo by Alpine Region.