On Thursday 10 October 2019, the Belgian trade association Agoria organises a seminar on different aspects related to the use of (electrical) bicycles.
The event takes place from 2 to 5 p.m. in Bluepoint Brussels. Offering an environmental mobility solution, the sales of electrical bicycles have surpassed the sales of conventional bicycles. Speed pedelecs are well received and represent a growing portion of electrical bicycles.
The seminar addresses both the technical, legislative and safety aspects related to the bicycle and the infrastructure needs. Several experts from the academic and industrial world will present their views.
- Importance of e-bikes in the mobility of the future: Ceri Woolsgrove, European Cyclists’ Federation (ECF))
- Road safety and infrastructure for bicycles: Stijn Daniels, VIAS Institute
- Electric two-wheelers : types of vehicles & classification: Bram Rothier, LEVA-EU
- Homologation process of speed pedelecs: Sébastien Paternotte, Agoria
- New European Directive for Insurance of motorized vehicles and the impact on electric two wheelers: Anna-Lena Scherer, Conebi
- Towards universal charging infrastructure for e-bikes: Jan Cappelle, KULeuven
- Helmets for electric two-wheelers: Karin Eufinger, Centexbel
- Standards overview, including bicycles parking: Dirk De Moor, Agoria
Detailed descriptions of each presentation can be found at https://info.agoria.be/nl/rsevent2019
Registration can be done at https://info.agoria.be/nl/rsevent2019#register.
The session will be conducted entirely in English.
Participation costs € 300 but LEVA-EU is able to offer you the following promotion code, LEVA_EU2019, which will allow for a reduced tariff of € 100. Please enter this code in the field “Opmerkingen” on the Dutch registration page or “Remarques” on the French registration page.