The RadBurro Electric Cargo Trike from LEVA-EU Member Rad Power Bikes received L2e-U type-approval and makes its European debut at two events in June.
UTRECHT, NETHERLANDS – There is a new mobility solution available in Europe – the RadBurro Electric Cargo Trike designed by Rad Power Bikes. The RadBurro is one if not thé first to be Whole Vehicle Type Approved under the L2e-U category, allowing for 1,500-watts of clean electric power instead of the standard 250-watts. The power, combined with a long-range battery, large carrying capacity, and maneuverable frame with flatbed, truck bed and cargo box configurations, makes the RadBurro adaptable for a variety of industries.
Rad Power Bikes, a global direct to consumer ebike company with a European headquarters in Utrecht, the Netherlands, showcased the RadBurro at the International Cargo Bike Festival in Groningen on 14-16 June and at City Transport & Traffic Innovation (CiTTI) Exhibition in Milton Keynes on 18-19 June.
“We built the RadBurro to be a realistic, versatile, and affordable last-mile alternative that can help solve many of the transportation challenges that businesses and government programs face today,” said Teun Kruijff, European Commercial Specialist for Rad Power Bikes. “This type-approval means we can bring a powerful, proven solution to customers across Europe who are working to improve their operations and eliminate their carbon emissions.”
MSRP starting at €6,199 (includes shipping; excludes VAT)
Pre-orders available now with fulfillment in August
- 1,500W geared electric motor with 200Nm of torque and 35km/h top speed
- 5Ah (2.52kWh) hot-swappable battery
- 65-130+km range per charge, eliminating “range anxiety”
- Adaptable into three configurations:
- Flatbed (124 cm x 84 cm)
- Truck bed (124 cm x 84cm x 30 cm)
- Cargo box (standard size: 134 cm x 84 cm x 119 cm; XL size: 142 cm x 84 cm x 138 cm)
- Power at the rider’s feet or fingertips:
- On-demand twist-grip throttle
- Five levels of intelligent pedal assistance
- Integrated safety lights, tail lights, brake lights and turn signals
- Equipped with rear view mirrors, steering lock, and horn
- Motorcycle grade wheels, tires, and suspension fork
The RadBurro is one of three powerful solutions offered through Rad Power Bikes’ dedicated Commercial Division. Their fleet also includes the RadRhino Electric Fat Tire Bike and RadWagon Electric Cargo Bike, which are L1e-A category vehicles equipped with 750-watt motors, pedal assistance, on-demand throttle, and 40-72+km range per charge.