AEC2018 is organized by AVERE and AVERE Belgium, with their continued presence in the electromobility arena for 40 years, with the experience and track-record from organizing the EVS, the most important international Electric Vehicle Conference in the world, with EVS30 in Stuttgart as the latest edition and the EVS31 in Kobe, Japan, as the next edition.
Brussels will host the AVERE e-Mobility Conference 2018, which will present the current status quo in the field of electromobility, as well as a perspective on the future including policymaking, business, industrial and scientific developments.
The conference takes place on Wednesday 17 and Thursday 18 October in the Square in Brussels (B). On Thursday 18 October at 1.30 there will be a dedicated 1.5 hour session on light, electric vehicles. LEVA-EU is organizing this session and is now able to reveal all the speakers for this session:
- Susanne Balm, project leader of the Research Programme Urban Technology at Hogeschool van Amsterdam. She is carrying out research on the use of LEVs in logistics.
- Jan Cappelle is professor and head of the Technologycluster Elektrotechnics at KU Leuven – Campus Gent. His PhD was about electric bicycles. He will talk about the study on the potential of LEVs and the new project related to the use of speed pedelecs for commuting, both commissioned by the Flemish government.
- Amelie Ewert, Master student at German Aerospace Center (DLR) and Hochschule RheinMain, is carrying out research into the prospects for Small Electric Vehicles in the transition of urban mobility concepts
- Andrew Winder, manager of activities in Intelligent Transport Systems for clean and urban mobility at Ertico, will present the EU project ELVITEN, aimed at boosting the usage of electric L-category vehicles in the urban environment as an alternative to ICE vehicles
- Bart de Liefde on how the Bird electric scooter sharing programme can contribute to electric mobility
The session will be moderated by LEVA-EU Manager, Annick Roetynck.
LEVA-EU has partnered with AVERE for this conference. As a result, LEVA-EU is able to offer its members a reduced registration fee of € 420 instead of € 470. Contact us for the special promocode to enjoy this discount. You can register here: AEC Registration, the conference website is here: https://aec-conference.eu/
There will also be an exhibition on 17 and 18 October, which will be open to the public. Further details for companies interested in participating are here: https://aec-conference.eu/partners/
The AVERE VIP Access Card
The first 400 guests that register to the AVERE E-Mobility Conference, in addition to all AEC2018 speakers, will be given an AVERE VIP Access Card for 2018/2019 which will give them unique benefits at all upcoming AVERE conferences and events for the next year.
At AEC2018, this will include access to the high level networking reception that will take place at the Brussels Town Hall on 17 October 2018 immediately after the first day of plenary sessions. The elegant and charming Town Hall will be the perfect spot to unwind and discuss the most interesting presentations from the first day and network with the high level EU policy makers and high-level industry speakers.
VIP’s will also be able to use their Access Card to unlock exclusive benefits at the upcoming EVS32 taking place in Lyon, France on 19-22 May 2019.