The Light Electric Vehicle Association Chairman, Edward Benjamin, has announced a set of awards to be presented during 2015. Nominations for these awards may be made by any interested party, and should be emailed, along with an explanation of the reasons they deserve the award to: [email protected]
There are no exact criteria for the awards, and all nominations will be considered. Final decisions on the awards will be made by LEVA appointed judges, and announcement of the awards will be made at Taipei Cycle.
- Company of the Year: this award will go to the company that is regarded as being the most influential on the industry in recent years. As is the case with the Time Magazine “Person of the Year” this is not a popularity contest, but recognition of affect on the industry — good or bad.
- Innovator of the Year: this award will go to an individual or company that leads in innovative thinking. This could be business model, technical or design innovation.
- Corporate Citizen of the Year: this will go to a company that demonstrates responsible business practices, treats their staff and customers with dignity and care and supports the industry with a “we all win together” attitude and practice.
- Cross Cultural Leader of the Year: this will go to an individual or a company that demonstrates effective leadership in successful cross cultural problem solving or success creation.
- Leaders and Founders Medals: several awards to be given to individuals who have played important roles in the creation and expansion of the Light Electric Vehicle industry. This may include business, academic, or government leaders. Founders awards will be limited to those whose contributions occurred before 2000.
- Bright Light Medal: this award will go to the company or individual that shows great promise, but has just begun in the LEV industry.